Creating Remarkable Futures
Be part of an amazing educational experience!
- Full Time, Permanent
- Classes from Year 7 to 13
- Start Date: 2 February 2021
St Cuthbert’s College is an independent day and boarding school for girls, founded in the Presbyterian tradition. We provide a personalised approach to education for our 1400 students from Reception to Year 13. As an employer, we offer a supportive environment with opportunities for professional growth and development.
About the role:
St Cuthbert’s College is seeking a highly engaging, qualified, and dynamic teacher for the role of Head of Language – Chinese. St Cuthbert’s College invites applications for a full time, permanent Head of Chinese commencing in Term 1 2021. As the successful applicant, you will be a highly engaging and dynamic teacher who will lead the teaching and learning programme for this subject in our Languages Faculty. You will need the knowledge and expertise to teach Chinese up to Scholarship level in a way that stimulates and stretches our students. As the subject leader, you will also need to bring high levels of the organisation, clear communication and a strong vision for the subject. You will be part of our positive and supportive Languages Faculty who are committed and skilled educators teaching seven different subjects. This role is full time but is negotiable for the ideal candidate. Please also state your other teaching subjects. You will need to be a New Zealand registered teacher (or completing registration), familiar with the New Zealand curriculum and standards-based assessment.
The successful applicant will:
- Have a tertiary qualification – Bachelors or higher (or equivalent) in area of teaching speciality;
- Passion for teaching the Chinese Language from Year 7 to 13;
- You must be an NZ registered teacher or completing registration, familiar with the NZ curriculum and standards-based assessment;
- Be legally allowed to work in New Zealand;
- Have a collaborative and constructive work style;
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills;
- High standards - we want you to be able to push these students to their maximum potential.
What can we offer you?
- We offer an attractive salary package and opportunities for personal and professional development and growth and terms and conditions.
- An environment that works within the St Cuthbert's motto "By Love Serve"
Are you ready to make a difference?
Applications closes on Friday, 2 October 2020