Health and Physical Education Teacher (Years 7-13)
About the role:
St Cuthbert's College is looking to appoint a highly motivated Health and Physical Education teacher to join our senior school. The position is full time, permanent role.
St Cuthbert’s College is a dynamic environment to work in, offering outstanding resources and professional development to all its teachers. As the successful applicant, you will be a highly engaging and dynamic teacher who will have the knowledge and expertise to teach Health and Physical Education up to professional standard in a way that stimulates and stretches our students. You will also support the school, staff and students to deepen their knowledge and practice of tikanga. You will be part of our positive and supportive Health and Physical Education Faculty who are committed and skilled educators teaching a wonderful variety to our students.
· Providing quality teaching and learning for a range of students with diverse learning needs
· Ensuring students’ behaviour is in line with College values and culture
· Keeping up-to-date with current pedagogy
· Ensuring quality pastoral care of students
To be successful in this role, you need to:
· Epitomise St Cuthbert's "By Love Serve" in all you do
· Be familiar with the NZ Curriculum and standards-based assessment
· Have strong ILT skills
· Have excellent planning, organisational & prioritisation skills
· Have strong interpersonal skills and be a team player
· Have New Zealand Working Rights
· Have the ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines
· Show initiative
· Be self-motivated
· Be able to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality
· Be an effective communicator, both verbal and written.