Creating Remarkable Futures.
This is a great opportunity for you to apply!
- Full time
- Commencement date: 5 October 2020
- Team of 10 (3 direct reports)
- Epsom, Auckland
- Travel once in every three weeks to Kahunui
St Cuthbert's College invites you to apply for the position Property Manager. Our Staff & Teachers are key to the success of the College. We live by our values of "By Love Serve" and in doing so, provide exceptional levels of education to our girls.
About the role:
As Property Manager, you will be responsible for providing asset and facilities management of the St Cuthbert’s campuses, by building an operationally excellent team and processes and seeking continuous improvement to ensure a world-class facility and customer experience. The capability is currently outsourced; this role will have the mandate to build a fully functioning in-house team.
- Day-to-day planned and preventative maintenance of all both (Epsom & Opotiki) campuses;
- Ensure essential services for each property are effectively maintained and managed in order to achieve BWOF, Location, Building and Resource Consent compliance;
- Empower your team to deal with requests for reactive maintenance and operational facilities management in a professional and timely manner;
- Manage and maintain the systems and processes required to provide a clear plan for the school's asset and facility management;
- Continuously improve and build efficiencies in the maintenance procurement systems and processes across both campuses;
- Ensure both campuses grounds and the use of facilities are curated and maintained to a high standard;
- Build the capability of team members to ensure the school is continually operating with industry best practice processes and outcomes and delivering a premium experience for internal and external customers;
- Ensure contractors are adhering to school policies and their contractual obligations at all times;
- Prepare annual operating & capital expenditure budgets supported by a solid evidence base;
- Devising and implementing facilities strategies. Including reviewing and procuring contracts, preferred supplier arrangements, covering both hard and soft services, cost containment and productivity management;
- Using a contemporary leadership style to support your team to deliver on solid customer outcomes;
- Managing a cross-location high performing team.
We want to hear from you if you have:
- At least five years experience in engineering and five years in facilities management with proven hands-on experience plant and equipment maintenance;
- A tertiary qualification in property management, engineering or trade qualification in a building-related trade such as mechanical/electrical/HVAC engineering;
- Experience in Project management principles and technologies;
- Familiarity and understanding of the NZ Building Act;
- Experience with Computerised Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS);
- Previous experience in a senior leadership role;
- To be able to work in a multi-use facility;
- To be results-driven with the ability to handle high workloads under pressure;
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to problem solve & manage stakeholders
- A focus on service & quality with the passion for delivering outstanding experiences;
- Driving a strong commitment to Health & Safety;
- Understanding and managing a performance-driven environment;
- Using your financial skills; including cost containment and productivity management.
- A New Zealand driver's licence;
What you will get in return:
- A competitive and realistic salary package will be provided to the successful candidate;
- A friendly, flexible team-based work environment supporting career development;
- Excellent benefits including health insurance, will be provided and generous employer contributions to superannuation.
- An environment that works within the St Cuthbert's motto "By Love Serve"
Are you ready to make a difference?
Application closes on Sunday, 20 September 2020.