Creating Remarkable Futures
Be part of an amazing Swim School experience!
- Part-Time, Permanent
- Epsom, Auckland
- Immediate start
At St Cuthbert's we know girls – we've been educating and growing amazing young women for over a century now, and our heritage and values are renowned. St Cuthbert's College provides New Zealand's most amazing educational experience for our Girls and we have the privilege to provide this experience. We are seeking a passionate and experienced Swim School Instructor that will lead and work collaboratively with the St Cuthbert’s Swim School team, our customers and other College leaders.
About the role:
We are looking for amazing, motivated and committed Swim Instructors & Lifeguards to join our team of exceptional professionals at the award-winning St Cuthbert’s Swim School. As winners of the 2017 and 2018 NZSCTA Outstanding Swim School award, we are looking for people that will share our passion for delivering a superior service to our customers. This role is Part-Time, Permanent and you will need to be able to work during the week and weekends. Swim Instructors need to be empathetic to the needs of the swimmers in front of them. Being a skilled swim instructor is knowing where the swimmer is now and encouraging them to get further along the swimming continuum.
To be successful in this role, you need to:
- Prior experience as a Swim Instructor/Lifeguard and/or relevant qualifications would be advantageous; however, full training will be provided to the successful applicants. Fitness Instructing would also be an advantage, but not essential.
- Demonstrate in-depth swim/water knowledge and be able to adhere to and implement important safety practices and culture.
- Epitomize St Cuthbert's "By Love Serve" in all you do. Being yourself and having a can-do attitude in all you do are important factors for success in this role.
- You will be expected to create an environment where performance is managed and staff are given the opportunity to thrive.
- Your ability to engage in great teaching/coaching conversations will be critical.
- You will enjoy building strong internal and external relationships with a variety of stakeholders while representing and maintaining the reputation of the College.
- Customer experience.
- You will be proactive, energetic, and pragmatic, able to demonstrate professional practice while sharing expertise in an educational and engaging way.
- Able to work independently with supervision, and are well-organized, flexible and enjoy the challenges of supporting culturally diverse people.
- Experience in swimming teaching and/or junior/youth coaching is important but not essential as full training to St Cuthberts Swim School Standards will be provided
- Passion and enthusiasm for the development of swimming at all levels
- Knowledge of stroke techniques at various stages of development
- A desire to improve your ability and performance
- A love of working with children and helping them improve their confidence and ability
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
What can we offer you?
- We offer an attractive salary package and opportunities for personal and professional development and growth and terms and conditions
- An environment that works within St Cuthbert's motto 'By Love Serve'.
At St Cuthbert's, we are proud supporters of diversity and inclusion and believe that the people are our greatest asset. It’s a busy but most of all very rewarding role: no two days are the same.
Are you in for a new challenge? If this sounds like you and you are keen to make a difference, Apply now!
Applications close, 5th December 2021