About the role:
St Cuthbert's College is looking to appoint a highly motivated Te Reo Māori teacher to join our senior school. The position is full time but is negotiable as part time for the ideal candidate. There is also the opportunity to lead the development of Te Reo Māori in the Head of Subject role. In a recent change to our languages programme, Te Reo Māori is now studied by all students in Years 7 and 8 and continues as a subject through to Year 13.
St Cuthbert’s College is a dynamic environment to work in, offering outstanding resources and professional development to all its teachers. As the successful applicant, you will be a highly engaging and dynamic teacher who will have the knowledge and expertise to teach Te Reo Māori up to Scholarship level in a way that stimulates and stretches our students. You will also support the school, staff and students to deepen their knowledge and practice of tikanga. You will be part of our positive and supportive Languages Faculty who are committed and skilled educators teaching seven different subjects.
· Providing quality teaching and learning for a range of students with diverse learning needs
· Ensuring students’ behaviour is in line with College values and culture
· Keeping up-to-date with current pedagogy
· Ensuring quality pastoral care of students
To be successful in this role, you need to:
· Epitomise St Cuthbert's "By Love Serve" in all you do
· Be familiar with the NZ Curriculum and standards-based assessment
· Have strong ILT skills
· Have excellent planning, organisational & prioritisation skills
· Have strong interpersonal skills and be a team player
· Have New Zealand Working Rights
· Have the ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines
· Show initiative
· Be self-motivated
· Be able to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality
· Be an effective communicator, both verbal and written.