Social Sciences Teacher
Be part of an amazing educational experience!
- Full-time, permanent
- Commencing Term 1, 2022
St Cuthbert’s College is an independent day and boarding school for girls, founded in the Presbyterian tradition. At St Cuthbert's we know girls – we have been educating and growing amazing young women for over a century now, and our heritage and values are renowned, as are our academic results. Here excellence is not just a grade; it encourages every girl to achieve her personal best. Choosing St Cuthbert’s gives an advantage that our girls will carry through life. We provide a personalised approach to education for our 1500 students from Year 0 to Year 13.
St Cuthbert's College provides an amazing educational experience for our girls, and we have the privilege to provide this experience.
About the role:
St Cuthbert's College invites applications from specialist qualified teachers who are passionate about Geography and Social Studies. A fantastic opportunity for you to be part of our motivated and professional team, making a real difference to our students learning. As a full-time, permanent Social Sciences teacher, you will be an excellent addition to our Social Science Faculty. As you will be teaching in our senior school, you will be able to showcase your flexibility in delivering the curriculum to different year levels while being supported in a collaborative team environment. It would be great if you have experience in teaching IB.
The successful candidate will be:
- A passionate Social Sciences teacher,
- Knowledgeable with experience in the New Zealand curriculum (Geography and Social Studies),
- Experience with standards-based assessment,
- Adaptable, flexible and resilient,
- An excellent communicator with fantastic interpersonal skills,
- Reliable and enthusiastic and with an excellent sense of humour,
- Experienced in teaching senior school students in an academic environment is essential.
What can we offer you?
- We offer an attractive salary package and opportunities for personal and professional development and growth and terms and conditions.
- An environment that works within St Cuthbert's motto "By Love Serve"
Are you ready to make a difference?
The successful applicant will commence duties Term 1, 2022.
The application closing date is 29 October